[DAS] help with Dazzle LdasDataSource

LSimirenko at lbl.gov LSimirenko at lbl.gov
Tue Apr 26 17:25:18 EDT 2005

Hi,
I am a newbie, trying to set up a das annotation server.
I chose Dazzle because I am already using tomcat for other webapps.

I would like to use a mysql database to store the annotations so I set
up an LDAS type mysql database and loaded it with some test data,
but I don't think I configured dazzle properly, or I may not have the
permissions set properly in mysql.

Is there any documentation on how to use the LdasDataSource type in
Dazzle?
and/or the best way to troubleshoot the configuration?

Thanks,
Lisa
Here is a snippet from my config file:

<datasource id="bcdBRs"
jclass="org.biojava.servlets.dazzle.datasource.LdasDataSource">
    <string name="name" value="bcdBRs" />
    <string name="description" value="Bicoid Binding Regions" />
    <string name="version" value="default" />
    <string name="dbURL" value="jdbc:mysql://simi.lbl.gov/dicty" />
    <string name="dbUser" value="nobody" />
    <string name="dbPass" value="" />

    <string name="mapMaster" value="http://genome.cse.ucsc.edu:80/cgi-
bin/das/dm2" />

    <string name="stylesheet" value="bcdBRs.style" />
  </datasource>