[DAS] Re: das/2 proposal status

Sicotte, Hugues (NIH/NCI) sicotteh at mail.nih.gov
Fri Oct 1 08:30:54 EDT 2004

I second Dave's comment.

Furthermore if we use XML date types we can now
take time zones into account which is useful now
that we are doing worldwide computing.

e.g. 1999-05-31T13:20:00-05:00
would represent and Eastern Standard Time, which is 5 hours behind
UTC (Universal Time Coordinate)
as per iso 8601 for time which is mostly followed by the w3c xml schema
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/

Hugues Sicotte