[DAS] entry_points query

Thomas Down td2 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Mar 31 08:24:03 EST 2004

On 31 Mar 2004, at 14:03, avilella wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi.

> I have been trying to get the grips with biodas the last couple of
> days,
> and playing around with the several servers that are listed by Dr. F.
> Cheung.
>
> Any there is something that I don't understand about entry_points
> query:
>
> If I query any of the databases for something like:
>
> PREFIX/das/DSN/entry_points

You're not literally meant to put the string "DSN" in that kind of
query -- you should substitute in a data source ID (DSN).  For example,
try:

     http://servlet.sanger.ac.uk:8080/das/vega40/entry_points

> Which is what you would query according to the specification (1.5),
> you don't get anything.
>
> Now if instead you query with lowecase dsn:
>
> PREFIX/das/dsn/entry_points

In this case, most server implementations are interpreting your query
as the standard DAS `dsn' command.  The differences you're seeing
between server implementations just reflects the fact that some of them
are more tolerant that others about having extra text after the command
name.

        Thomas