[DAS] DAS for protein structures

Andreas Prlic ap3 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Jul 26 08:06:37 EDT 2004

Andrew:

In DAS there are Annotation servers and Reference servers. The structure
service is just another type of Reference server. It only needs to serve
coordinates. All other data should be provided using other DAS services.
This way already existing clients, that cannot do 3D can use the same
services and represent data in a 2D way.

I do not think that continuing this discussion per email is going to
lead anywhere, but I understand you are going to ISMB, so if you or
anybody else on this list is interested, we can have a meeting there.

Regards,

Andreas

Andreas Prlic      Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
                   Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK