[DAS] Errno

Eric Just e-just at northwestern.edu
Thu Jul 8 14:09:32 EDT 2004

Hi,
I've downloaded biodas (to play with querying my DAS enable GBrowse
server).  There was a fatal error getting this code to run on windows..

in Bio::Das::HTTP::Fetch it requiress that Errno export 'EINPROGRESS' and
'EWOULDBLOCK'.
It seems the ActiveState version of windows does not export these.  I
Kludged a fix by commenting out the 'use Errrno' line and all lines that
refer to 'EINPROGRESS' or 'EWOULDBLOCK'.  Admittedly a poor solution but I
don't know too much about sockets and the types of errors that they throw.
I'd be happy to help fix this in windows 'properly'.

After this fix, the test works (01das.t) and my really basic script works.

Thanks for the efforts, i think this is going to be really great to work
with our DAS server.

Eric

Eric Just
e-just at northwestern.edu