[DAS] Re: DAS security

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Wed Sep 24 11:47:48 EDT 2003

If the Ensembl DAS layer still uses my Bio::Das module, then you should be
able to provide DAS urls in this form:

	http://fred:secret_password@www.myserver.com/cgi-bin/das/......

Where www.myserver.com expects a username of "fred" and a secret password of
"secret_password".

Also you can use https for SSL connections so that the password isn't exposed
in cleartext.

Lincoln