[DAS] links

Alex Lam alex.lam at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 4 08:24:15 EDT 2003

Hi Jonathan,
This is the way I link my DAS features to external website. If you go to
the conf directory of your ensembl installation, there is a file called
Homo_sapiens.ini (or something else if you are dealing with another
species). In this file there is a DAS CONFIG section like this:

#############
# DAS CONFIG
#############
das_TIGR1  = 1

[das_TIGR1]
dsn        = dasview_human_mixedspeciesTC
url        = http://www.tigr.org/docs/tigr-scripts/nhgi_scripts/das
label      = TIGR multi spp. alignments
caption    = TIGR Mixed TC
col        = red
linktext   = More Info...
linkURL    = DAS_HSTIGR
strand     = b
depth      = 6
group      = 1
on         = on

DAS_HSTIGR     =
http://www.tigr.org/docs/tigr-scripts/nhgi_scripts/tc_report.pl?species=human;tc=###ID###

Good luck,
Alex

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 23:37, Warren, Jonathan wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can someone give me some tips on how to add links to my das features
> displayed in ensembl via dazzle?
> How do I add the links to the gff type table that is in the "setting up
> an ensembl das server" pdf document?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jonathan.

> Attention: The information contained in this message and/or attachments
> from AgResearch Limited is intended only for the persons or entities
> entities other than the intended recipients is prohibited by AgResearch
> Limited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
> sender immediately.
----
Alex C. Lam
Computer Associate
JDRF/WT Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building
University of Cambridge
Hills Road, Cambridge,  CB2 2XY
Great Britain