[DAS] SEGMENT type

Tony Cox avc at sanger.ac.uk
Tue May 20 22:55:23 EDT 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Lincoln Stein wrote:

Hi Lincoln,

In anticipation of the arrival of DAS2 I was wondering if we could make a minor
addition to the current DAS/1 spec (v1.52/Feb 19,2002).

It is simply to add a "type" attribute to a SEGMENT. This would be an optional
attribute so it would not interfere with the working of the current spec:

<SEGMENT id="id" start="start" stop="stop" type="type" version="X.XX"
label="label">

My reason for asking is that it is often difficult to predict the nature of a
segment from its name and having a hint of its type is often very useful. For my
part this would normally be "chromosome", "clone" or "contig", although it could
in principle be anything.

Tony