[DAS] Adding snp track using DAS

Thomas Down thomas at derkholm.net
Fri May 2 15:45:47 EDT 2003

Once upon a time, Marie Vivian Wong Tzu Yenn wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've got a local DAS server running using Ensembl Viewer as the
> client. It works with the test db set out in the install manual.
>
> I would now like to add a SNP track but am not sure which jclass
> to use and also what the db schema should look like for snp data
> (would it be the refsnp table that I have to populate or something else?)

Are you trying to serve SNPs from an ensembl-format SNP
database?  There is some code to do this, based on the
RefSNP and Hit tables of an ensembl database, in the
ensembl-das jar.  It hasn't been used for a while, though,
and I think the schema has changed slightly in the mean
time.  But if this is the sort of thing you're looking for,
it should be easy to fix the existing code.

    Thomas.