[DAS] RFC: REST example for DAS 2.0

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:26:25 -0500

I just want to keep things simple.  As long as there are good Perl/Java/Python
APIs to DAS and performance is usable, none of the target audience
(applications developers) are going to care in the least whether it's SOAP or
not.  My concern with SOAP encapsulation is that it makes it harder to stream
DAS, at least with my favorite language, Perl.  But I've got my fingers
crossed that eventually there will be a good streaming SOAP for Perl, and at
that point all my misgivings go away.

My understanding of REST is that it's defined by the negative -- it isn't
SOAP.  That's not going to provide much in the way of reusability.

Lincoln

--
Lincoln Stein
lstein@cshl.org