[DAS] How to represent variations on DAS?

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.org
Thu Apr 17 10:05:14 EDT 2003

Hi Linus,

For deletions, you can represent the deletion as its endpoints.  For
insertions, you can provide a 0 bp range and then give the inserted sequence
as a <target>.  For substitutions, you can provide a region equal to the size
of the substitution, and then give the alternate sequence as the <target>.

Lincoln