[DAS] Info about BioXML

Paul Gordon gordonp@cbr.nrc.ca
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:43:29 -0300 (ADT)

<!-- Thanks for the plug, James -->

I've had 9000 hits to that page since June, so there seems to be a
community need for this information. I try to keep this page current, and
people do mail me updates on their work. This is also related directly to
my research (in terms of interoperability of various formats, XSLT
mapping, etc. covering a broad swath of application domains), so I'd being
willing to resurrect bioxml.org in conjunction with Matthew.  There is a
lot more kinds of information I'd like to add.

I'm especially interested in setting up a standard URN namespace and
repository for peoples various formats and any contributions
people have for data transformation and presentation.  This is very much
in the open-bio spirit, I think...

Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum

Paul Gordon
Research Associate
Faculty of Medicine
University of Calgary

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, James Freeman wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> A good start to this exists and is at:
>
> http://www.visualgenomics.ca/gordonp/xml/
>
> The I3C has its sights on either AGAVE or BSML, BSML is a valid output
> in bioperl, so that is also a good start, at least a fast one.
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Jim
<snip />

<snip />