[DAS] Info about BioXML

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:16:17 +1200

I would agree with the desire to have several small schemas (schemata if
you had a classical education).

I particularly like the way GenBank uses three weights of XML. One
represents everything in a GB file in ridiculous detail down to the most
light weight which is pretty much the name and the sequence. The use of
mod files is a good way to let you plug and play to make a include
everything schema out of several small schemas.

And finally, um, shouldn't we move this discussion to something like
Open Bio as its not really DAS (just a thought)

- Mark