[DAS] Ensembl Dazzle for Oracle

Hong Xu hxu@chg.duhs.duke.edu
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:30:31 -0500

Hi Jasen,

I haven't done that, but I plan to do it. I think you have to CVS the dazzle
package,
build it with Oracle JDBC driver. Be ware to change the SQL query in
"AbstractGenericSeqFeatureSource.java":
from:
String featureQuery =
                "select " +
                "  id, start, end, strand, score, gff_feature, gff_source,
name, " +
                "  hstart, hend, hid, evalue, perc_id, phase, end_phase " +
                "from " + getTableName() + " " +
                "where " + " contig_id = '" + ref + "'";
to:
String featureQuery =
                "select " +
                "  id, begin, end, strand, score, gff_feature, gff_source,
name, " +
                "  hstart, hend, hid, evalue, perc_id, phase, end_phase " +
                "from " + getTableName() + " " +
                "where " + " contig_id = '" + ref + "'";

Since you cannot create a column named "start" in Oracle. You have to change
the table definition as well.

Hope this will help you!

best regards,
Hong