[DAS] GFF version in Spec

Scott Markel smarkel@netgenics.com
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 10:58:45 -0700

The XML response to the types command contains a required GFF tag.  That
tag has a required version attribute.  The DAS 1.52 specification says
that the "current version is (arbitrarily) 1.0".

The XML response to the features command also contains a required GFF
tag.  It, too, has a required version attribute.  The specification says
that the "current version is (arbitrarily) 0.95".

Based on the thread traffic it seems that the version is irrelevant.  If
that is indeed the case, the version attribute should be removed or at
least made optional.  If the attribute remains, the two versions should
be the same.

Scott