[DAS] Displaying UCSC contig data on Ensembl

Angie Hinrichs angie@soe.ucsc.edu
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:26:56 -0700 (PDT)

The latest UCSC human freeze is NCBI build30, like Ensembl.  Our build
has 1395 NT's.  There are 1381 NT's referenced in this file:

ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/human-8.30/data/mysql/homo_sapiens_core_8_30a/static_golden_path.txt.table.gz

These are the 14 NTs in UCSC's build that are not in the above file:

NT_033166
NT_033167
NT_033168
NT_033170
NT_033950
NT_033951
NT_034872
NT_034873
NT_034874
NT_034875
NT_034876
NT_034877
NT_034878
NT_034879

That is the set of all unplaced contigs in chromosome 6 in UCSC's
build (UCSC's "chr6_random" or "6_random" in our DAS server)

Ensembl folks, any reason those NTs were omitted?  (since other
chromosomes' unplaced contigs were included, for example NT_034507
which is unplaced on chr2)

Angie

angie@soe.ucsc.edu
Software Developer, UCSC CBSE / Genome Bioinformatics Group