[DAS] Insanity nearing, how stupid am I being!(Retrieve feature list from das ensembl)

Oliver Lyttelton o_lyttelton@hotmail.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 09:58:07 +0000

Hello,
    Really simple one but I'm crawling up the wall on account of it! I can
retrieve features from the reference server using a url such as :-

http://servlet.sanger.ac.uk:8080/das/ensembl428/features?segment=X:10,50000

but as soon as I try and get a list of features from an annotation server,
for example repeats from ens428rep, using a url like

http://servlet.sanger.ac.uk:8080/das/ens428rep/features?segment=X:10,58000

I get an empty xml document in return:-

  <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>
  <!DOCTYPE DASGFF (View Source for full doctype...)>
- <DASGFF>
- <GFF version="1.0"
href="http://servlet.sanger.ac.uk:8080/das/ens428rep/features?segment=X:10,58000">
  <SEGMENT id="X" version="4.28" start="10" stop="58000" />
  </GFF>
  </DASGFF>

Do I need to include more parameters or what. Please help, I've tried a lot
of combinations!

Also, testing the urls in internet explorer 6 causes the browser to crash
approximately 50% of the time. (You've gotta love microsoft...)

Thanks all for help.