[DAS] Re: "detailed view" das view problem

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Mon, 13 May 2002 19:54:49 +0100

Hi.

Is there a rationalle for only guaranteeing to return features entirely
contained by a region, rather than returning all features overlapping
the range? In principle you could have features that have one end in
your viewer region and another end at one/other end of the chromsome
being viewed. This should realy be pulled down but in the 'must be
contained' case is only pulled down when you fetch the whole chromosome.
Assuming feature a and b have a start and end property, the overlaps
query is quite easy to express:

a overlaps b iff not (
   a.end < b.start || a.start > b.end
)