[DAS] Hello Jim

Brian Gilman gilmanb@genome.wi.mit.edu
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:57:22 -0500 (EST)

Hello Jim,

	Long time no talk. As you may know a few of my developers have
been pinging you about your DAS server. The spec has changed quite a bit
but and there are certain portions that remain ambiguous. One of these
ambiguities have caused havok with our DAS API. The specification defines
a header called "X-DAS-Version" this header should be available to the
requester upon each and every request to the server. However, we have
found that if you ping a DAS server without a specific das request ie.

	http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/das

	We do not see an "X-DAS-Status" header which causes our API to
break. I know this is being very nit picky but, with all the versions of
DAS laying around, we find that having this header present at the most top
level request allows us to handle all these versions seemlessly.

	To that end, could you please add the "X-DAS-Version" header to
your DAS server when querying the top most URL
(genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/das)?

		Thank You!!

				-Brian Gilman

Brian Gilman <gilmanb@genome.wi.mit.edu>
Sr. Software Engineer MIT/Whitehead Inst. Center for Genome Research
One Kendall Square, Bldg. 300 / Cambridge, MA 02139-1561 USA
phone +1 617  252 1069 / fax +1 617 252 1902