[DAS] Pathways

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 21:29:49 -0400

Hi Foo,

The plan is that I'll soon introduce a "version 1.6" DAS that -- without
breaking compatibility with existing applications -- will introduce:

	1) features typed using the sequence ontology
	2) normalized feature groups (e.g. transcripts that share the same
	exons)
	3) fetch-by-feature-id using the I3C LSID system

Then I would like to introduce a GO association retrieval service, which given
a gene ID retrieves the GO terms associated with it, and given a GO term,
retrieves the gene IDs associated with it.

A pathway service is further down the line, but I know a lot of people are
eager to start working on it.  Why don't you write down what you'd like to
see it do and post it to this mailing list?

Lincoln