[DAS] LDAS web browser connection setup

dobbo@thevillas.eclipse.co.uk dobbo@thevillas.eclipse.co.uk
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:31:37 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

When I do an 'entry_points' query with my test database,
dicty, I get the
following output returned to my web browser:

 Could not open database

The browser returns the relevant entry from the
dicty.conf file when viewing the dsn's.
I'm able to use ldasdump.pl to query my test database.
I'm also able to
log in as the user 'root' and do a query using mysql.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to debug my
installation?

Here is the DATA SOURCE portion of my dicty.conf file
that is in the
das.conf subdirectory of the Apache conf directory.

[DATA SOURCE]
description = Test annotations
adaptor     = dbi::mysqlopt
mapmaster   = http://192.168.1.110/cgi-bin/das/dicty
database    = dbi:mysql:database=dicty;host=localhost
fasta_files = /var/annotation/dna
user        = root
passwd      = xxxxxxx

I noticed when searching the archives somebody reported
the same error way back in December. I pressume the fix
is now in the 1.06 release?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Rich