[DAS] LDAS vs Dazzle

David Huen David Huen <smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk>
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:16:05 +0000 (GMT)

Perhaps if you could say something about what you are actually trying to
do, we might be able to help you more effectively.

E.g., what sort of data are you trying to serve? Does it come from an SQL
database or flat files?  If an SQL database, is this Ensembl-based or
proprietary? If flat files, what format? Embl? GAME? AGAVE? Proprietary?

Also, you seem to be within a company. Does it already have a
bioinformatics arm and have they standardised on a language already?  If,
frinstance, they are Perl-centric, then the choice is academic.  What sort
of time-frame must the product be delivered in? If it's got to be in
yesterday and they don't have a bioinformatics arm, then I'd begin by
asking for a raise... ;-)

Regards,
David Huen