[DAS] annotation viewer

David Huen smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 23:40:54 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Simon Chan wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> We are trying to set up a DAS server on Sun machine.  I found this passage in one of the docs on
> DAS:
>
> "The client, an annotation viewer, is a lightweight application whose behavior is analogous to a
> web browser.  The viewer communicates with the genome and annotaion servers using a well defined
> langauge specification."
>
> How do we "create" this annotation viewer?  I am an undergrad student who is learning this as I
> go, so your help and comments to "set me straight" would be very much appreciated!!

You won't need to create one as these are available off the shelf from
various participating groups in the DAS project.  If you look at
http://www.biodas.org/, they are listed as "complete DAS clients".

I should add that all are currently being developed further AFAIK and
improvements are likely to be available at regular intervals.

Regards,
David Huen, Univ. of Cambridge