[DAS] Dazzle with Ensembl 3.26.1

Stefano Tine s.tine@oxagen.co.uk
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:16:58 -0000

Well, I tried forgetting our own DAS service
and just requesting a contigview with one of the
predefined DAS services on (=LINE repeat):

http://localhost/Homo_sapiens/contigview?chr=chr15&vc_start=61218530&vc_end=
61938748

this takes 5 seconds with 1.2.0
this takes 35 seconds with 3.26.1

Since in both cases I am calling an external DAS service (which
I assume uses its own reference data) I would expect them to be
equally fast (or slow) independent of a potentially screwed up
install of 3.26.1 here, or am I missing something?

Anyway, I will try reinstalling 3.26.1 data/software from scratch,
since I suppose by now that Dazzle/Tomcat is not the issue here but
Ensembl is.

Thanks

Stefano