[DAS] LDAS/DasClient problems

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:40:35 -0500

> > So I'm updating the LDAS server to do the following:
> >
> > 	1) <SEGMENTERROR> for reference servers
> > 	2) <SEGMENTUNKNOWN> for annotation servers
>
> What do you do for the above case (requested an out-of-bounds
> region of a known segment)?

Yes, that's a good point.  An annotation server should return a segment error
in this case.  Is it worth it to distinguish between missing landmarks and
out of bounds errors?  Something like:

	<SEGMENTERROR detail="unknown landmark" ....>
	<SEGMENTERROR detail="bounds error" ...>
	<SEGMENTERROR detail="version skew" ...>

> > 	3) pass the "id" attribute in the features request
> > 		to look up a feature by its ID
> > 		- can return several segments if the feature spans
> > 			them
> > 	4) the HTTP header to contain some capabilities information:
> > 		x-das-capabilities:  multiple-segments; segment-status; xff-format;
> > 				feature-by-id

Are these additions OK with you as is?  If so, they'll go into LDAS & the
spec now.

Lincoln

lstein@cshl.org			                  Cold Spring Harbor, NY