[DAS] FLASH genome viewer

TOYODA Tetsuro toyop@gsc.riken.go.jp
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:32:46 +0900

Hi, Ethan Cerami and Lincoln Stein,

The flash client cannot connect to servers having different domain
names. This is due to the restrictions based on flash specs.

So, I equipped a relay server at my web site.

Flash client <-> relay server <-> DAS server(elsewhere)

To say the truth, I am not very familiar with recent DAS specifications.
I have extended some protocols between the flash client and the relay
server, because I have to deal with some new types of data including QTL
genetic maps, pathways, microarrays, etc. Especially, my flash client
can display two-dimensional view between arbitrary two chromosomes, and
can display existing pathways between the two. An existing pathway is
represented as a dot in the two-dimensional view.

I explained this system to Dr. Tim Hubbard who is our collaborator, when
he came to Japan this year. Maybe, he knows the importance of
two-dimensional display for epistatic QTL mapping analysis.

Best regards,

Tetsuro Toyoda, phD
Genomic Sciences Center, RIKEN, Japan.

Ethan