[DAS] Adding sensitive annotations to ENSEMBL site

cxs christian.sonntag@lbri.lionbioscience.com
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 13:19:21 -0400

Hello

I am working on an inhouse ensembl site (7.29.2) and wonder
what the easiest way would be for me to setup additional tracks on
contigview etc.

I have a das server running and this works, but since all my data are
installed in MYSQL
I wonder if there isn't a table in core or lite, where I would just have to
add my annotation data
and they would automagically be displayed.

I looked at the DAS Upload Feature as well, which is a beautiful mechanism
but sends all the data outside the firewall,
which would not work in this case for security reasons.

Can I set up a DAS - Upload server 'in house' ?
Could this server share all data by default and never delete them?

Thank you for your help,

Christian Sonntag
Lion Bioscience Research Inc.