[DAS] Question on orientation on entry_points

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:45:40 -0400

On Tuesday 16 April 2002 17:44, Mark Woon wrote:
> Lincoln Stein wrote:
> > The orientation is a legacy field that no longer has much significance.
> > Originally the entry points were intended for use to convey the genomic
> > assembly, but this has been superseded by a features request with
> > category of "components".
>
> Does this mean that the entry_points command is pretty much
> obsolete/deprecated?

No, it's still used to fetch "interesting places" for the user to start
browsing.  Most reference servers use it to indicate the list of chromosomes
and their sizes.

> > The mailing list has been moved.  To subscribe, you now need to visit
> > this page:

> Yup.  On the mailing list now, someone was kind enough to point the way.
> The front page for BioDAS should really be updated with this info...

I'm not seeing the obsolete link.  I see a working link that points to the
right page.  Could you tell me what I'm missing?

Lincoln