[DAS] Getting users

jfreeman jfreeman@variagenics.com
Tue, 04 Dec 2001 11:29:13 -0500

Hi Hong,

Thank you very much and congratulations!  I tried the same path, but
went off of it as soon as the Ldas server was available, given my
greater experience with perl and my great love for:

http://search.cpan.org/
perl Makefile.PL
make
make install

To be fair, ant may have its equivalent (why make a new make? I don't
know)...

Also I found that Ensembl 1.1.3's strange httpd.conf and the install of
an Ldas server on the same machine was not compatible, on its own
machine Ldas installs quickly and well (at least for me), now I am
working on the next version of ensembl and fixing the contigview error
you've seen, which exists an Ldas server as well, resolved with the new
install.

Thanks again,

Jim Freeman
Senior Scientist