[Bosc-announce] Open Source, Open Door: increasing diversity in the bioinformatics open source community

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:26:11 UTC 2015

Dear all,

For those of you you missed our blog post earlier this week, the
BOSC 2015 panel discussion will focus on increasing diversity in
our community and at our conferences. The panel will be chaired
by Monica Munoz-Torres and will include panellists Holly Bik and
Jason Williams (mini-biographies on the website).

http://news.open-bio.org/news/2015/04/bosc-2014-diversity/

We are looking for two more panellists, and have some ideas – but
your suggestions are welcome! Please email the BOSC committee,
or just tweet panellist ideas at @OBF_BOSC.

Also, due to the Easter/Passover weekend, the ABSTRACT DEADLINE
for submitting abstracts for regular-length talks was extended until
TOMORROW (Tuesday, 7 April). There will also be opportunities for
last-minute lightning talks and posters.

Thank you,

Peter

--

Peter Cock