[BioSQL-l] Question regarding updating records in a BioSQL database (under Python)

Dan Tomso dtomso at agbiome.com
Tue Mar 12 17:51:46 UTC 2013

Hello all--
This seems trivial, but I'm struggling with how to add SeqFeatures to a BioSQL DBSeqRecord object.

I can update the object, but then I can't update the DB.  If I delete the original from the db, it kills the updated copy.  If I try to deep copy the original, I get lots of errors.  If I try to load the modified record without removing the original, I get a collision.

I've tried also just updating the entry via the dictionary-like approach.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks,
Dan Tomso