[BioSQL-l] NOT NULL on seqfeature_qualifier_value.value

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at drycafe.net
Sat Aug 20 11:38:14 UTC 2011

On Aug 20, 2011, at 5:33 PM, Peter Cock wrote:

> How are things like /psuedo and /trans_splicing from GenBank files
> currently stored in BioSQL? i.e. GenBank or EMBL feature table
> entries with no values.

Great question. In theory they should be simple value-less term
associations. I was rather surprised actually to find the constraint
in the current version (my first impulse was to say this must be an
old version) and this is the first time it's been reported. Perhaps
that means that most people are using the MySQL version (MySQL auto-
converts NULL into an empty string for NOT NULL columns).

: Hilmar Lapp -:- Durham, NC -:- hlapp at drycafe dot net :