[BioSQL-l] adding PostGreSQL support to PhyloDB code

James Estill jamesestill at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 17:02:40 UTC 2009

I have not been working on getting these to work with PostgreSQL. That would
be awesome to get that working. I initially just did the MySQL version so
that there would be a somewhat usable product by the end of the GSOC and I
am still using MySQL for my
research. I think that there will also need to be some updates to bring the
code up to date with the new PhyloDB schema but I have not looked at this in
the last year.
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Hilmar Lapp <hlapp at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
> funny you should ask. I'm at the Computational Phyloinformatics course
> which is being held this year at the Gulbenkian in Portugal. We're in the
> SQL section right now and my plan for the final course project, starting Sat
> night, is to have the students collaboratively write that. Since I haven't
> tried this before, we'll see whether that ends in disaster or a usable
> product :-)
>
> -hilmar
>
> On Jul 16, 2009, at 10:32 AM, Kidd, David M wrote:
>

> Dear Hilmar and James,
>
> We are looking into linking networks stored in PhyloDB to spatial
> information in the PostGIS extension.
>
> I have installed the PhyoDB schema on a PostGreSQL database and would like
> to amend phyloimport.pl and other code at
> http://code.open-bio.org/svnweb/index.cgi/biosql/view/biosql-schema/trunk/ to
> work with PostgreSQL. I see in the header of phyimport.pl that PGSQL
> support is listed as one of a number of things to do along with a couple of
> other important features.
>
> I thought I would inform you of our interest and enquire if you, or anyone
> else you know of has made any progress with these additions before I start
> hacking into the code.
>
> Best wishes
>
>  - Dave
>

> David M. Kidd
>
> Research Associate
> Center for Population Biology
> Silwood Park Campus
> Imperial College London
> 0207 594 2211
>

> --
> : Hilmar Lapp  -:-  Durham, NC  -:-  hlapp at gmx dot net :

James C. Estill
JamesEstill at gmail.com
http://jestill.myweb.uga.edu