[BioSQL-l] Question about VARCHAR BINARY

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sat Jul 4 13:22:19 UTC 2009

Hi Florian,

sorry this fell through the cracks, too much traveling. VARCHAR BINARY
in MySQL means that the column is a VARCHAR type but values (and
searches against them) are treated case-sensitive.

Since treating VARCHAR values case sensitive is standard in SQL
everywhere else and presumably also in DB2, you should map it to a
simple VARCHAR type.

Where did you find that MySQL's VARCHAR BINARY needs to be VARBINARY
in DB2?

	-hilmar