[BioSQL-l] Gene Cluster

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sat Jan 19 01:59:04 UTC 2008

Hi Raoul,

I have done this in the past using the bioentry_relationship table.
This assumes that the "genes" (or, more generally, the members of the
cluster) are bioentries, not seqfeatures. If you use BioPerl to read/
process/represent the clusters, and your are using the Bio::ClusterI
interface for that (any of the Bio::Cluster::* modules, for example),
the Bioperl-db should support mapping those to the schema.

Obviously, you can do the same for seqfeatures using
feature_relationship.

	-hilmar