[BioSQL-l] SQLite support

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 10:43:33 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008, vanaquisl vanaquisl wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am a brand new BioSQL user and I'd like to know if there will be a SQLite
> support in the near future?

As far as I know, BioSQL does not currently include a schema for SQLite.

> I am about to use SQLite for a standalone lightweight Biopython application
> and it would be very helpful if I could use BioSQL directly.

Biopython can talk to a BioSQL database run on MySQL (using MySQLdb),
PostgreSQL (using either Psycopg or Psycopg2).  In theory it could be
extended to use any supported BioSQL database (provided there are
python bindings for the database software, in the case of SQLite using
pysqlite would probably fine).

Peter