[BioSQL-l] load_ncbi_taxonomy.pl

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sat Aug 2 00:15:58 UTC 2008

These sound like reasonable times, depending on your machine
configuration. I suspect that PostgreSQL might even be a bit faster,
as that's a similar time to what I'm observing on my laptop.

BTW if you provide --verbose=2 on the command line you'll get rows/
time statistics. The slowest steps (recomputing nested set values, and
inserting taxon names) average between 900-1800 rows/s on my laptop,
depending on what else is going on (I suspect the spotlight indexer to
contend for the disk drive on occasion). The faster steps (e.g.
inserting taxon nodes) I observe at up to 2500-4000 rows/s.

Thanks for all the testing, it's much appreciated!

	-hilmar