[BioSQL-l] Release 1.0.1 in the making

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Fri Aug 1 04:59:54 UTC 2008

I am preparing the release of v1.0.1. This will primarily change the
too short column width constraint on dbxref.accession (and in
consequence that of bioentry.accession) to 128 chars.

I have added migration scripts for Pg, MySQL, and Oracle. It'd be
great if someone could help out by providing (and ideally testing) the
respective DDL for one (or more) of the other database for which we
have schema DDLs: HSQLDB, and Derby.

I'm also adding notes about the PostgreSQL v8.3+ incompatibility if
you need the Perl language binding (the 8.3 change should have
actually very little effect for a strongly typed language such as
Java), and have added the scripts by Peter Eisentraut (Pg developer)
for people willing to try it (it's otherwise completely untested,
though in theory it should work).

See http://www.biosql.org/wiki/Releases#BioSQL_release_v1.0.1 for the
release plan. Let me know if you would like to include anything else.