[BioSQL-l] TAXON,TAXON_NAME, was Re: Description

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Thu Sep 13 14:37:44 UTC 2007

You could theoretically save some time by not updating the values
that wouldn't change (e.g., all left siblings and their descendants
unchanged).

But on average, assuming that the new node is most likely a leaf node
and that the tree is balanced, you would still have to update about
half of all nodes, namely all nodes "to the right" (i.e., all
siblings and their descendants to the right, all ancestors and their
siblings to the right and the descendants of those siblings).

	-hilmar