[BioSQL-l] storing features to the database

Amit Indap indapa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 13:31:36 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have the following code that attempts to add a seq feature to a
sequence in my biosql database:

my $adp = $dbadp->get_object_adaptor("Bio::SeqI");

my $seq = Bio::Seq->new(-accession => $acc,
                                      --namespace =>$namespace,
                                      -version = $ver);

my $dbseq = $adp->find_by_unique_key($seq);
my $feat = new Bio::SeqFeature::Generic(-primary_tag = >$primary_tag,
                                                             -strand => 1,
                                                             -start => 100,
                                                             -end => 10000,

-source_tag => 'blat'
                                                             );

$dbseq->add_SeqFeature($feat);
$dbseq->store;
                                                             -
I had ~20,000 sequences I added features to. Yet when I run another script that
lists features of sequences, these records come up with no features!

I'm not really sure what's going on. I made sure my namespace and
other parameters were correct. Maybe I should try and just run the
script again.

Thanks,

Amit Indap
Cornell University