[BioSQL-l] Problem with Bio::DB::DBI::Pg after upgrading to core-1.5.1 and latest cvs

Daniel Lang daniel.lang at biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Oct 18 05:31:41 EDT 2005

Hi,

I´ve just upgraded my bioperl-cvs-version(december 2004, the one right
before 1.5 and the trouble with how Annotations were written out using
Bio::Seq) to bioperl-1.5.1 in order to see if the features are now
written out correctly. (See also "[BioSQL-l] strange error after
changing to RC1.5" 09.03.2005)

Seems like the core code is now working like it used to. But now the
bioperl-db code for Pg has problems:(

When I try to retrieve a sequence from a Pg-biosql db I receive the
following error:

Can't locate object method "dsn" via package "Bio::DB::SimpleDBContext"
(perhaps you forgot to load "Bio::DB::SimpleDBContext"?) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Bio/DB/DBI/Pg.pm line 221.!

I'm using the cvs-version (today) of bioperl-db with the 1.5.1 of core
and run.

I tried to use SimpleDBContext in Pg.pm - no effect.

I don´t really get it what is happening there...

Thanks in advance.

Regards Daniel:)