[BioSQL-l] Pubmed-ID's from SwissPort

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Thu Oct 13 12:35:34 EDT 2005

On Oct 13, 2005, at 4:07 AM, Richard HOLLAND wrote:

> This may sound a bit obvious, but I think BioPerl stores the PUBMED
> references with a dbname of 'PubMed' not 'PUBMED'. Have you tried
> searching with the correct use of case, or is your PostgreSQL
> case-insensitive?

As an aside, this will actually only matter if you query the database
directly, or in fact also if you use Bioperl for loading and Biojava
for retrieval :-)

If you stay within Bioperl/Bioperl-db the dbname obviously should be
recognized upon retrieval (and I believe it is).

BTW Silke, even if the cause of this hadn't resided in the Bioperl
swissprot parser, it would have still been a Bioperl issue because then
the bug would have been in Bioperl-db. The BioSQL list scope is more or
less the relational model and schema and right now one script that
comes with BioSQL (for loading the taxonomy database).

Cheers, nine time zones to the left and right,

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org