[BioSQL-l] annotation bundle

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Tue Apr 12 13:26:35 EDT 2005

  From which end are you coming programmatically? That is, do you
capture your annotation in the object model of either bioperl, biojava,
or biopython, or do you try to insert it directly into the database?

I'm asking because if you capture the annotation in one of the
supporting object models then updating the database may be done for you
if you re-serialize the modified (annotated) object. This is for
instance how it will work with bioperl.

As for understanding the roles of particular tables in biosql, have you
read doc/schema-overview.txt in the biosql download? It was written by
Aaron with the 'end-user' in mind, and there is a section on the
annotation bundle representation. If this document doesn't help you,
could you be specific on what remains unclear and I'll try to answer as
best as I can.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org