[BioSQL-l] Query Problem.

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at devgen.com
Tue Feb 17 05:00:56 EST 2004

Hi,
I have been trying to track down a nasty bug, but failed :-( Sorry, Hilmar.
A biosequence containing more than 4000 nt is fine. No problem in loading that.
A colleague of mine (FredericP) found out that as soon as you add a feature to the corresponding bioentry later, and you do an update (store+commit) your biosequence ends up truncated (4000).
Hoped that  Bio::DB::BioSQL::Oracle::BiosequenceAdaptorDriver::get_sth had to do something with it.
It appears that a different sth is chosen depending on e.g. the field size (_upd_sth2 if length > 4000). I tried to force this by changing the line "grep { $_ && (length($_) > 4000);"
to "grep { $_ && (length($_) > 4000 || $_ > 4000);" but that was even worse: seq field in biosequence was null.
Anyhow, the sequence should not have been updated after all, cos it was not changed.
Any clues ?
Thanks,
Marc