[BioSQL-l] bioseq swissprot Medline links

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Thu Dec 30 23:51:24 EST 2004

What was the query that you issued? Note that the references (RN lines
and friends) in swissprot end up as rows in the table reference, with
bioentry_reference being the association table with bioentry. The
reference table does have a foreign key to dbxref for the actual pubmed
or medline id. So, in order to just get bioentries and pubmed/medline
ids in the query you still need to join through bioentry_reference and
reference.

BTW there were certain problems with swissprot reference parsing in
certain versions of bioperl. You may want to read the respective email
to the bioperl-l list if you haven't yet:
http://bioperl.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2004-December/017649.html

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org