[BioSQL-l] Swissprot Problems

Raphael A. Bauer rbauer at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Aug 20 05:31:16 EDT 2004

Dave Howorth wrote:
..
> The RA (Reference Author) lines list the authors of the paper (or other
> work) cited. The RA line is present in most references, but might be
> missing in references that cite a reference group (see RG line). At
> least one RG or RA line is mandatory per reference block.
> --------------------
>
> So it seems to me that the record is valid according to the spec and
> records do not need to have an RA line if they do have an RG line. It is
> probably appropriate to use the value of the RG field as the authors
> field in the database. Or am I missing something?
I am a little bit cofused about myself - but that's okay...
I cited exactly that in my first mail:

RG    Reference group      Once or more (Optional if RA line)
RA    Reference authors    Once or more (Optional if RG line)

But I skipped that "Optional if R* line" brackets.
Dave is completely right, and these entries are within the Swiss-Prot
specs...

Sorry about my wrong conclusion...

Raphael