[BioSQL-l] Affymetrix SQL for PostgreSQL

Marc Colosimo mcolosim at brandeis.edu
Thu May 1 16:08:51 EDT 2003

Since I couldn't easily find a good schema, I made my own based on
Affymetrixs GATC schema. My hope is that as I develope it, that it will
use parts of BioSQL to handle the non-array stuff (taxon, sequence
databases, etc...). I only have a few tables made and they are not
normalized (one actually I think is best de-normalized). Oh, I am keeping
in mind MIAME stuff.

I have one script that is almost finished that loads in CEL files. I just
have a few complex regexs to make/debug and add support for bulk loading
on a local machine (piping it to psql). Now that I have played around with
DBI, loading CDF files are next.

If people are interested in the code to try it out, let me know.

Marc