[BioSQL-l] synonyms for ontology terms

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q at virginia.edu
Mon Mar 17 07:41:31 EST 2003

I did suggest this after initially agreeing with Hilmar's proposal.

The one problem I can see is that this "well-known" predicate needs to
live in what we've been throwing around as the "CORE" ontology ... is
there really such a beast?  Can we suck it up from somewhere and declare
that when we suck up other ontologies that any synonymous relationships
use the CORE::synonymous predicate?  Perhaps instead there should be a
"biosql" namespace ontology to define some of these things (as I think
we're already defining a handful of fuzzy location terms ... ?)

-Aaron

--
 Aaron J Mackey
 Pearson Laboratory