[BioSQL-l] version NOT NULL

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q at virginia.edu
Wed Mar 12 14:51:16 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> The way I resolved this (quite nicely I think - my opinion anyway) is
> to introduce an artificial version 0 and treat it as NULL in the
> adaptor code.

A-ha.  This was the part I wasn't sure of.  I'm also in favor of a default
0 version (for many of the good reasons Hilmar pointed out), but I was
afraid that the various code bases would try to use 0 as a real version.

So, bioperl is OK with default versions of 0 being the same as NULL -
everyone else OK with this?

As usual, I'll wait the requisite 30 minutes or so for discussion before
committing the patch ;)

-Aaron

--
 Aaron J Mackey