[BioSQL-l] The taxon table

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Thu Jun 26 18:21:24 EDT 2003

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 02:25  AM, Yves Bastide wrote:

> Hilmar or Aaron, care to explain how they work? (I would have just
> experimented, but already don't understand the examples you Hilmar
> posted on June, 1st)

Hm - what did I post on June 1?

left_value and right_value implement the nested set solution as
proposed by Joe Celko. Google for Joe Celko Nested Set and you'll find
something. Also, there is his appraised book 'SQL for smarties' where
it's described. Aaron also wrote that up applied to taxon trees in his
O'ReillyNet article at

	http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2002/11/27/bioconf.html

Hope this helps,

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org